A cordless screwdriver is an excellent purchase to make if you tend to perform all kinds of jobs at home that require driving screws.
Imagine how easier life would be if you had a tool that will drive all of the screws when you are assembling a bed or wardrobe at home?
A cordless power screwdrivers give you a full range of movement without being restricted by a cable, and also will allow you to fasten and unbolt any screw you need with minimal effort, which is good news for anyone with weak hands and arms.
Best Cordless Screwdriver
We have selected the most recommended cordless screwdrivers for you for 2022, so you can pick the most suitable one for your needs and for your budget.
The Black Decker LI4000 is a cordless screwdriver that anyone who ever performs simple DIY tasks around the house like assembling furniture, installing light fixtures, fixing cabinets, and others should have in their toolbox.
The finest cordless electric screwdriver for 2022, according to the many available electric screwdrivers reviews online, is powered by a 3.6 Volts lithium-ion battery and is comfortable to hold and easy to use by anybody man or woman, no matter their hand size and strength, and no matter how experienced they are with using power tools.
The cordless power screwdriver has a six-position clutch, and Smart Select dial with nifty indicators that will help you select the appropriate torque, thus preventing stripping the screws and will make the home improvement jobs even easier for you.
It also has a forward and reverse indicator, so you will know when you are screwing and when you are unscrewing a screw.
The cordless power screwdriver comes with a charger that can be wall-mounted, and which has a bit holder where you can safely and neatly store all bits.
The Black Decker lithium-ion battery-powered screwdriver has a bright LED light on the head, so you can see clearly where the screw is, even if you are working in a dark and tight area.
The size of this useful cordless screwdriver electric-powered tool is only 11.25 x 4 x 10 inches, and it weighs 2 lbs.
The Black Decker cordless screwdriver is sold with a charging cradle, an assembly kit for wall mounting, and 11 accessories, including 7 1-inch screw driving bits, 2 2-inch screw driving bits, 1 nut driver, 1 hex drill bit, and a bit bar.
Overall, this superb and reasonably priced cordless screwdriver, made and designed by Black Decker, is one of the greatest tools you can buy for completing the most common basic jobs.
Apart from its attractive price tag, the cordless screwdriver comes with a 2-year warranty by Black Decker.
- Smart Select technology
- Rechargeable li-ion battery pack
- 6-position clutch settings with indicators
- A forward and reverse indicator
- A magnetic screw holder
- Wall mountable charger with storage for the bits
- 11 accessories added with all bit sizes included
- Built-in LED light
- Small size and ergonomic design
- Two-year warranty
- Excellent customer reviews which consider it among the best in its range
- The battery life is not sufficient enough according to customer reviews
The Milwaukee 2401-22 cordless screwdriver is one of the top-rated cordless screwdrivers you can buy if you need something more powerful that can be used for basic household tasks as well as for medium-duty jobs, including drilling, according to the multiple positive cordless screwdriver reviews for the tool.
This powerful electric screwdriver is powered by a 12V Lithium-ion rechargeable battery and offers 150 in.lbs. of torque with variable speed from 0 to 500 rpm.
It has a battery status indicator that will keep you informed about the battery you have remaining when you are working on your DIY projects. The battery life is quite long.
The excellent quality electric cordless screwdriver has sturdy metal gear housing and offers quick bit loading and a handy one-handed insertion and release of the bits thanks to the ¼ inch hex chuck.
This cordless screwdriver is sold with a pack of two M12 Redlithium batteries, so you can always have one battery charged and ready and don’t have to stop what you are doing in the middle of a job to wait for it to recharge.
Along with the screwdriver, and 2 batteries, you will receive a battery charger and a nifty and durable contractor bag for storage and portability.
The tool has a powerful LED work light, so you can see exactly what you are doing, even in darker spaces.
The Milwaukee 2401-22 12V cordless screwdriver also is powerful yet lightweight and compact enough to use in tight spaces, and it is comfortable to hold.
It is sold with an industry-leading 5-year warranty for peace of mind.
- Light and compact
- Powerful 12V tool which can be used for most medium-duty drilling jobs too
- 0-500 rpm
- It is sold with 2 batteries
- A useful battery run-time indicator
- long battery life
- A strong LED work light
- 5-year warranty, and reliable customer service
- Not powerful enough for heavier duty projects
The Dewalt DCF610S2 is another powerful electric cordless screwdriver that is small, comfortable to hold, and can be used in all tight spaces and positions. Its overall length is only 6.25 inches, and it weighs 2.2 lbs.
The screwdriver comes with two durable 12V MAX 1.1ah lithium-ion batteries, which will ensure you have enough power to complete any basic DIY job like furniture assembly or picture hanging. Each battery can be charged fully for 30-60 minutes.
The electric cordless screwdriver by Dewalt has variable speed, multiple torque settings, and a forward and reverse switch option.
The high-quality tool has 3 LED lights, which will ensure that you see every single screw clearly, even when it is pitch dark in your working area. The LED lights are brighter than in most other tools of this range.
It is designed to allow for one-handed loading, and its ¼ hex chuck works will all types of 1-inch bits.
It is sold with 2 batteries, a charger, a carry and storage bag, and a belt hook.
The tool is sold with a 3-year limited warranty, a 90-day money-back guarantee, and a year of free service.
- Lightweight and compact design
- Sold with two 12V MAX batteries
- Fast battery charging of 30 to 60 minutes
- 3 LED lights which are radially mounted for a clear view
- Variable speed, several torque levels, a reverse function
- It comes with a belt hook and carries a bag
- Sold with a 3-year warranty, and a 90-day money-back guarantee
- There is no battery gauge to inform you of the battery status
This superb tool comes with a unique 5 in 1 multi-head design. The kit includes an added locking but holder, an offset angle, a keyless chuck, and a right angle which you can easily attach via the one-click technology.
With this cordless screwdriver, you can handle any job, and precisely drive screws or drill no matter the angle, and no matter how awkward the positioning is.
You can rotate it to up to 16 different positions, for the best drill position, no matter what the circumstances.
It has a LED light with a 10-second afterglow.
You can use it as a screwdriver, as well as a power drill for medium to heavy-duty jobs on all types of surfaces.
Its size is very compact and is only 5.2 x 2 x 7 inches, and it weighs 1.4 lbs.
It is sold with 2 12V MAX lithium-ion batteries, 5 different attachments for the head, a fast charger, and a sturdy tool case.
It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Very small and lightweight
- A versatile tool with 5 attachments
- It can be used as a screwdriver and as a drill
- Suitable for home and for professional use
- Offers precise drilling and driving
- It can be rotated to any position
- LED with an afterglow
- Sold with two 12V MAX batteries, a fast charger, and a carry case
- It is not as affordable as some of the other cordless screwdrivers on this list
This is a semi-automatic cordless screwdriver that costs less than $40 but will help make all those tedious jobs like assembling IKEA furniture or mounting cabinets in your household much easier.
The affordable cordless screwdriver has two quick reload revolver-style cartridges that can hold 6 bits each and can be interchanged quickly and easily while you are working. Also, with those cartridges, you will always have all bits handy when you are using the screwdriver, and will also always know where to find them.
The compact tool is sold with a 4V Max Lithium-ion battery, which can hold a charge for up to 18 months, so you will always have your device ready for use, no matter when you happen to need it.
The electric screwdriver with semi-automatic functions is comfortable to hold and easy to use with one hand.
It has a LED light and comes with 12 screwdriver bits, which will always be easy to access, thanks to the rapid reloading cartridges.
It is not only one of the electric screwdrivers with the most attractive price tags on the market, but it also comes with a 3-year limited warranty.
- Sold at a very affordable price for the value offered
- Rapid reload cartridges for easy use and storage of 12 bits
- Included 12 different screwdriver bits
- A LED light
- The 4V lithium-ion battery can hold a charge for up to 18 months
- Easy to hold and use
- 3-year limited warranty
- The battery is built-in, so you cannot replace it when it dies
This cordless screwdriver by Dewalt is a unique tool that features convenient motion activation. This means that you can drive and reverse fasteners by simply rotating the tool to the left or the right as easily and as precisely as possible.
This is an easy and intuitive electric tool with a variable speed of up to 430 rpm, and speed control that is motion-activated, too, thanks to its built-in gyroscope.
It offers bright illumination of the work area.
The cordless screwdriver also has a nifty battery status indicator, so you will always know how much battery you have left when working.
Thanks to its ¼ inch hex, you can easily and quickly change the bits as you go. It works with all 1 inch screwdriver bits.
The included 8 volt battery charges for just an hour. The charger is also included.
This handy tool is just 9.5 x 2.1 x 7.9 inches in size and weighs 2 lbs.
It is sold with a 3-year limited warranty.
- A gyroscope which allows for automatic reversal of direction and speed adjustment by twisting the tool
- Fast charging for just an hour
- A bright light
- 0-430 rpm
- Compact design and size
- Quick loading of the 1-inch bits and a ¼ inch hex
- A battery status display
- It can take some time getting used to, according to customer reviews
The rechargeable screwdriver costs less than $40, but it is a powerful tool that can drive 2-inch screws.
It has a 1/4 inch chuck size and comes with 7 of the most commonly used screwdriver bits, including PH1, PH2, R2, H5, T20, and T25.
The affordable tool has a built-in 3.6V battery which can be changed quickly and easily via USB.
It has a battery charge indicator, which will let you know what the status is at all times.
The Dremel GO-01 has a 360 rpm. And variable torque settings, which will help prevent stripping.
The screwdriver is intuitive and comfortable to use with a push and go start, making it one of the most intuitive cordless screwdrivers on the market.
Its size is only 1.8 x 6.25 x 9.5 inches, and it weighs 0.60 lbs.
It is inexpensive, comes with convenient USB charging, and with a 2-year warranty.
- It is affordable
- Intuitive push and go operation
- Forward reverse switch
- Built-in battery which can be quickly charged via a USB charger from any power source with a USB or Micro USB port
- A battery status gauge
- It comes with 7 of the most common screwdriver bits
- 360 rpm
- Various torque settings
- Compact size, which is easy to hold and use in cramped spaces
- Sold with a 2-year warranty
- There is no button to activate it, so the push-and-go is the only option, which some people may find inconvenient
This compact tool weighs only 2.3 lbs. and is only 7.3 inches short, so it is small, easy to hold, comfortable pistol grip, as well as to store and carry.
The multifunctional tool by Bosch has two speeds – one for screw driving, and a drill setting for drilling jobs around the house and at work.
It offers 20 clutch control settings for precise drilling and screw driving.
It has a 3/8 inch chuck, which allows for easy and quick clamping of the screwdriver bits and the drills with minimal effort.
This excellent quality battery-powered drill and cordless screwdriver are sold with two 12V MAX Lithium-ion batteries. It has a battery fuel gauge, and also comes with a 60-minute charger so that you will have a full battery at all times.
The dimensions of the cordless screwdrivers are 7.3 x 1.5 x 7.1 inches, which is shorter in height, in length, and smaller in weight than most other power drills of this range.
By purchasing this excellent tool, you will have both a screwdriver and a drill in one suitable for all types of small, medium, and heavy-duty jobs both for home use and for work.
- It works as a screwdriver as well as a powerful drill
- It is the most powerful tool on our list
- It is much lighter and smaller than other power tools in this range and with this power
- It comes with two 12V MAX batteries, which charge for just 60 minutes
- A battery status indicator
- long battery life
- 20 clutch settings
- 3/8 inch chuck size for drill bits and screwdriver bits
- Suitable for the lightest and the heaviest duty jobs
- Sold with a 3-year warranty
- If you are looking for a screwdriver only, then the drill function can be excessive
Features to look for when buying a cordless electric screwdriver
Since there are so many options available, it can be difficult to choose the most suitable cordless tool for your needs.
Here are the main features to look for when purchasing a battery-powered cordless screwdriver:
- The power – this depends on what you are planning to use the tool for. You can choose a less powerful tool if you will be using it for simple tasks like hanging pictures or assembling furniture. For heavy-duty jobs, like drilling holes in concrete and other hard surfaces, you should choose one which is powerful enough with a drilling option.
- The torque – the torque defines the force which is used for driving a screw. By choosing a power tool with variable torque settings, you can adjust and adapt it more precisely to your different needs and tasks.
- The speed – this is the number of rotations per minute which that tool offers. If you need a cordless screwdriver for light jobs, then a speed of up to 180 rpm should be sufficient. For medium to heavy-duty tasks, you should opt for an electric cordless screwdriver which offers a higher speed and easy speed control.
- Maneuverability – you should keep this feature in mind because frequently, the screws need to be driven or drilled at the most awkward places and positions. The more maneuverable your tool is, the easier and hassle-free your job will be.
- The battery – choose a tool that is powered by batteries, which are sufficient for your needs. It makes sense to invest in a cordless screwdriver with longer-lasting batteries, fast charging, or more than one battery. Also, it is a good idea to choose a power tool with a battery indicator.
- The size and weight – obviously, you are going to be using this tool with one hand, so make sure that you choose an instrument that you find easy and comfortable to hold. Also, if you are planning on performing multiple jobs, then select a lighter cordless screwdriver, which will make your job easier.
- Screwdriver evaluated in the case study
- Aerospace Manufacturer Maximizes Productivity While Maintaining Quality with Electric Screwdrivers
Last update on 2022-09-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API