Can you feel a heavy musky smell in your home? Or maybe you see wet stains on your walls, ceilings, and streaks of condensation on your windows?
Excessive humidity is not only bad for your health and wellbeing but can also cause expensive or irreversible damage to your home, your belongings, your clothes, furniture, and everything else inside.
With a reliable dehumidifier like the top-ranked hOmeLabs 70 Pint one, you can easily and efficiently restore the moisture and humidity levels back to normal once again.
There are multiple health and other benefits of using a dehumidifier. And they are indispensable if there is somebody with asthma or pet, dust or pollen allergies at home too.
There are so many various moisture removing devices right now that the choice of the top dehumidifier can be quite painstaking and time-consuming.
This is why we have chosen the first-rate dehumidifiers money can buy for 2021 for you, so read on to find the most suitable one for your needs.
the hOmeLabs 7- Pint dehumidifier is the leading one for 2021 because it combines high efficiency, a sleek design, and an Energy Star rating which means you will deal with the humidity at home without having to pay huge electricity bills.
This high-quality dehumidifier has a 70 pint or a 9-gallon daily capacity, which makes it perfect for use in basements, and homes from 2,500 square feet up to 4,000 square feet.
This powerful dehumidifier has a contemporary and sleek look, so you can place it anywhere without worrying about ruining your interior design.
It has built-in handles and wheels, so you can move it easily from one room to another. Its size is 15.4 x 11 x 24.3 inches, and it weighs 40 lbs.
The control panel on top is easy to access and use. You can choose among the six different settings via the touch panel, including defrost, restart, turbo, and auto shut-off.
The dehumidifier has two-speed settings. The Normal Air setting works at 165 cubic feet per minute (CFM), and the High Air has a CFM of 188 and will remove the moisture and harmful pollutants from the air much faster.
You can also set the timer of this ingenious device for the next 24 hours for peace of mind.
Setting up and using this moisture, removing the device is easy. All you need to do is adjust it to the moisture settings you would like to achieve and let it run for 24 hours or until the 1.6-gallon reservoir is full.
After 24-hours of continuous use, or as soon as the water tank is full, the unit will automatically shut itself off.
The water tank is easy to remove.
You can manually empty it, or you can use the drainage hose outlet for continuous use without worrying about the reservoir becoming full.
The drain outlet is compatible with a regular 5/8 inch diameter garden hose.
With a device like the hOmeLabs dehumidifier, you can make sure that the air you breathe at home is healthier, safer and that it is cleaner from any allergens, bacteria, mold spores, fungi, dust mites, and other harmful microorganisms.
The Energy Star-rated dehumidifier will also help remove the unpleasant odors which damp rooms and homes tend to have.
It will also help remove the dampness which can cause damage to furniture, your belongings, and your clothes and to your home.
This excellent quality and energy-efficient dehumidifier is also available in capacities of 4 and 6 gallons.
It can work properly in temperatures from 41 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
The maintenance of the device is easy – you just need to wash the reusable filter once every two weeks, and make sure you empty the water tank regularly, in case you are not using a drainage hose for continuous draining.
Overall, for the quality and high efficiency provided, and offered at such a reasonable price this dehumidifier by hOmeLabs is the top-rated dehumidifier for 2021! Plus, it comes with a 2-year warranty by the manufacturer.
This unit can quickly and efficiently remove the moisture from the air, with minimal energy use, and minimal noise.
It is Energy Star certified and has a capacity of removing up to 30 pints or 4 gallons of water from the air inside every day. This makes this unit the right pick for medium to large-sized areas or rooms. It is recommended for use in rooms or areas which are up to 1,000 square feet.
This excellent dehumidifier is also available in a larger version with a capacity of removing 70 pints per day for larger areas of up to 5,000 square feet as well.
The Vremi Moisture Maniac has a clean and sleek design and features built-in wheels and handles, which makes it easily portable and mobile.
The fan is extremely quiet, so you can easily use the dehumidifier in your living room or bedroom without your daily activities or your sleep being disturbed.
It is easy to set up – just choose the ideal humidity level you are expecting to achieve inside, and let the dehumidifier do its work. Run it continuously for 24 hours. Once the tank is full, or after 24 hours of operation, the unit with automatically shut itself off.
The reservoir has a 0.8-gallon capacity and is easy to remove and empty. Also, you have an option to connect the dehumidifier directly to drainage via the available drain outlet for a hose, so you won’t need to worry about emptying the water reservoir and can allow the device to run continuously.
The unit has two fan speed settings – Normal at 129 CFM and High at 138 CFM.
The moisture-removing device will help reduce the dampness from the air, the home, and all of its furniture and your belongings. This will help preserve all of your things from damage from the moisture, as well as from mold, mildew, fungi, and others.
It also will keep the air clean from harmful microorganisms such as spores, dust mites, germs, and others.
All you need to do is wash the air cleaning filter once a month for the great results. Otherwise, it is almost maintenance-free, especially if you connect the Moisture Maniac to the drainage directly.
The size of the device is 16.1 x 10.4 x 19.9 inches, and it weighs 30.9 lbs. its cord length is 6 feet.
It is reasonably priced and is sold with a 1-year warranty.
Best bang for the buck
It is compact, portable, and is not only an air dehumidifier, but it is an air purifier as well. The device has a HEPA filter and uses the Peltier technology to make the air inside easier and healthier to breathe.
This small-sized dehumidifier can remove up to 1.6 pints of moisture from the air per day. It has a 1-liter removable water tank, a water full indicator, and an automatic shut-off function, so you don’t have to worry about the reservoir overflowing.
With a portable and easy-to-use dehumidifier like this, you can easily reduce any excess moisture and the growth of mildew, fungi, and other microorganisms in your home. Plus, it will remove the nasty musky smell from dampness and damp furniture, carpeting, clothes, and others.
The HEPA filter will help reduce the airborne allergens from your air, which makes it a perfect dehumidifier for people with allergies, asthma, or other health problems triggered by airborne pollutants and allergens.
The HEPA filter can safely trap 99.97% of the harmful pollutants, and common allergens such as pollen, dust, and dander.
This compact dehumidifier operates at very low noise levels of just 35 to 42 decibels depending on which speed level you are using it, so it is great for the bedroom, closet, bathroom, or any other space which is up to 200 square feet in size.
You can also purchase the Sorbi dehumidifier with a purifier in a smaller size for areas of up to 100 square feet.
The dimensions of this purifier and dehumidifier in one are 8.5 x 7.7 x 12.4 inches, and it weighs 6 lbs.
It can work at ambient temperatures of 45 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit, with a maximum rated power of 45 watts.
The HEPA filter needs to be replaced every 6 months, but overall, this compact appliance is an excellent deal, especially if you have people with respiratory problems, allergies, and other sensitivities at home!
The rest of the best
Do you need a quiet dehumidifier for your bedroom or bathroom? The Tosot 30 pint dehumidifier is quiet enough and efficient enough to remove the moisture from the air of rooms up to 1,500 square feet.
- A moisture removal capacity of 30 pints or 4 gallons per day
- Suitable for rooms and spaces of up to 1,500 square feet
- It has an easy to remove and spill-proof drain bucket which you need to drain every 5 hours
- It also comes with an option for continuous drainage by connecting it to a drain via a hose
- The Tosot has a nifty power outage restart feature that will switch the unit back to its last settings after a power outage
- The unit comes with a washable and reusable air filter
- It is also available in 50-pint (for rooms of 1,500-3,000 sq.), 70-pint, and 70-pint with a pump (for rooms of 3,000-4,500 square feet) options
- It is Energy Star rated so you can run it continuously without hurting the environment or your budget
- It is UL approved for safe usage at home
- A digital humidistat display
- Automatic defrost function
- Automatic shut off to prevent overfilling of the tank
- A timed and delayed mode for 2 hours and 4 hours
- The device works at 48 decibels at its highest speed settings, which makes it one of the quietest dehumidifiers in this range
- It has 3 fan speed settings of CFM 106 for high, CFM 94 for medium, and CFM 82 for low
- The humidity range can be set from 35% to 80%
- It size is 15 x 11.7 x 20.7 inches
- The unit has caster wheels for easy portability
- Sold with a 1-year warranty
- An impressive 90 pint of water per day capacity
- Suitable for areas up to 6,000 square feet
- Energy Star rated
- Thanks to the low-temperature feature, the unit can function at temperatures as low as 41 degrees Fahrenheit
- An auto-restart function restores the last known settings and turns the device on following a power failure
- The auto shut off function will turn the appliance off when the reservoir is almost full to prevent an overflow and water damage
- You can also use the direct drain option for continuous draining without the need to empty the water tank using a garden hose up to 5 feet long
- A 24-hour timer which allows you to run it at off-peak hours and save more money from your monthly bills
- A de-icer feature makes it suitable for basements and other cold areas
- The dimensions of the dehumidifier are 14.2 x 18.8 x 24.6 inches, and it weighs 60.6 lbs.
- A large blue LED display and easy to set controls
- Easy to remove and clean replaceable air filter
- Quiet operation
- It is offered in black and white color options
- It is also available in 30, 50, and 70-pint versions
Are you looking for a high-capacity dehumidifier that is easy to drain, without having to carry heavy water tanks around? Thanks to the clever design of the water tanks, the hose attachment, and the pump of this unit draining the water collected from your air has never been easier with the Ivation 70 Pint Compressor Dehumidifier.
- Keeps areas of up to 4,500 square meters dehumidified, cool and comfortable
- Removes up to 70 pints of moisture from the air per day
- The 16-gallon reservoir is mold resistant and has a handle for easy emptying and cleaning
- The device has a powerful compressor which will help remove the excess moisture and the formation and growth of mold, mildew, fungi, odors, and allergens in the home and air
- The built-in pump is 16 watts and allows for continuous drainage upwards up to 16.4 feet so you can use a basement window or sink instead of manually emptying the tank
- The dehumidifier also has a regular hose connector for draining the water
- It is sold with an included 16-foot hose and a standard hose attachment
- The LED display is large and bright and shows the humidistat and settings, the current fan speed, the timer settings, filter alerts, reservoir alerts, and others
- It has 4 modes to choose from – sleeping space, living space, continuous drying, and basement
- The device is designed to allow clean evaporation and filtration
- You can choose among three fan speeds
- The appliance is Energy Star certified and eco-friendly and energy-saving
- It has an auto-defrost function and a frost sensor for energy saving and for protection of the evaporator coils
- The auto-restart will automatically turn the dehumidifier back on and restore its previous settings if there is a power failure
- It has extra roll casters for easy mobility
- The compact and yet powerful unit is 15 x 24 x 11.2 inches in size and weighs 48.5 lbs.
Did you know that a dehumidifier can protect your tools, gym equipment, your clothes, furniture, documents, and photos, as well as your health and wellbeing? With the Inofia dehumidifier, you can rest assured that the moisture levels at home will be within the normal and comfortable ranges at all times.
- Very elegant and clean design
- A 30 pint (4 gallons) per day water removal capacity
- An automatic humidity sensor which will keep the humidity levels within your preferred ranges, and will help save energy
- Suitable for basements, bathrooms, and rooms up to 1,056 square feet
- A removable 0.5-gallon water reservoir with a hidden handle, as well as a convenient continuous drainage option
- An intelligent control panel
- High, and low fan speed options
- Easy to set and turn on and off
- A 24-hour timer
- Alerts for a full tank
- Automatic defrost function
- Auto shut off function which turns the appliance off if the reservoir is full or to prevent overheating
- A convenient time control system
- The unit has a handle which makes it easy to move
- The device is ultra-quiet
- It is sold with a 60-day money-back satisfaction guarantee
- The size of the Inofia dehumidifier is 12.2 x 8.2 x 17.3 inches and weighs less than 25 lbs.
If you need a heavy-duty and yet easy to move and transport dehumidifier for dealing with water damage from floods, leaks, or other events, then the Maxx Air Rotational Molded Portable Commercial dehumidifier could be the good option for you.
- Very rugged, heavy-duty, and yet lightweight, rotational-molded design and build which will withstand a lot of wear and tear
- Capable of removing up to 140 pints of moisture from the air per day
- It has an automatic water pump allowing for continuous moisture removal and hassle-free drainage
- It also comes with a 25-foot hose for disposing of the water
- It doesn’t require any type of installation
- The control panel is easy to set and program
- You can program the relative temperature and humidity and a timer for the device
- You can easily move it around and transport it thanks to the comfortable telescopic handle and large wheels with 12-inch tires of the dehumidifier
- Uses low-grain r410a refrigerant
- It has a carbon air filter to remove air pollutants and odors
- Suitable for removing excess moisture from water damage, or excess humidity in basements in homes and commercial properties
- The device is stackable for easy storage
- Its dimensions are 20 x 27 x 15 inches, and it weighs 84 lbs.
- Sold with a 1-year warranty
The Blu-Dri BD-130P 225PPD is a commercial dehumidifier that has a powerful dehumidifying capacity of removing up to 225 pints of moisture out of the air per day which is more than twice what normal dehumidifiers can manage.
- This is as powerful as you can get when it comes to the humidifiers being offered on the market
- A capacity of removing 225 pints of moisture per day
- Perfect for restoring homes or other buildings from water damage
- Fitted with a rotary compressor which is more than twice as powerful as the regular 70-pint humidifiers
- Adjustable humidity rate from 26 to 90 percent
- The added automatic water pump and the 38-foot hose makes the drainage of the water a breeze
- Easy to use electronic controls
- An auto-restart function for power outages
- Temperature and RH sensors for automatic settings
- Made from tough roto-molded polyethylene, and can withstand being pushed and pulled through rough terrains and tough spaces even when they have been flooded
- It can work in temperatures from 33 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Can reduce the humidity, mold, and mildew in whole houses and apartments of up to 1,500 square feet
- Suitable both for industrial and for personal use
- It has removable and reusable air filters
- It has a convenient handle and large wheels for easy portability
- Safety certified
- It uses R410a refrigerant
- The size of the unit is 21 x 20 x 32.5 inches and weighs 90 lbs.
- It comes with a 25 foot, 3-wire heavy-duty power cord
- It is sold with a 2-year warranty for the dehumidifier and a 5-year warranty for the roto-molded housing
The Honeywell TP50WK is a safe, Energy Star certified, and easy-to-use dehumidifier which will remove the moisture from areas up to 3,000 square feet easily and according to your humidity preferences.
- A capacity of removing 50 pints or 6.2 gallons of moisture from the air per day
- It helps protect your health, as well as your house, furniture, and belongings from water damage from excess moisture, mold, and mildew
- Suitable for basements, crawl spaces, kitchens, and other rooms
- Energy Star certified so you will be saving energy and helping the environment
- Tested for safety by an independent certifier
- The device has a durable, removable, and reusable air filter which will help remove the pollutants from the air
- An easy to detach and carry 7-pint water tank with anti-spill guards
- An option for continuous drainage via the included drain tube
- A smart humidistat will automatically activate and adjust the settings according to your pre-set humidity preferences
- A 24-hour timer for energy saving and convenience
- Auto-restart for restoring the operation after power outages
- Asleep mode
- Operates at low temperatures – in ranges of 41 to 89 degrees Fahrenheit
- Smooth gliding wheels and a heavy-duty handle for easy maneuverability and mobility
- The dimensions of the appliance are 10.5 x 13.2 x 20.1 inches, and it weighs 34.4 lbs.
- The dehumidifier is also available in 30 pints and 70-pint versions (with or without a pump)
- Sold with a generous 5-year warranty by Honeywell
- Available 24/7 US-based customer care
- A 70-pint capacity, but is also available in 30 and 50-pint options
- The humidity can be adjusted from 35% to 85%
- An auto-restart function will switch the unit back on even after a power failure
- The auto defrost will prevent the collected water from freezing and damaging the device
- It has Turbo mode when you need to remove excess humidity as quickly as possible
- Operates at just up to 51 decibels which is loud as a normal conversation
- Energy Star certified so it will help save money for electricity as well as help the environment
- You can set it to a continuous dehumidifying mode for 24/7 continuous operation
- It has an auto shut off function which stops the unit when the water bucket is full
- The water reservoir is 1.6 gallons and is easy to remove and empty
- You can also connect a regular garden hose to the drain outlet for regular gravity-fed continuous drainage
- The air filter is removable, washable, and reusable which means you will not need to spend money on replacement filters
- It has a filter cleaning alert indicator
- Also features an easy to set the 24-hour timer
- The size of the appliance is 15.31 x 10.51 x 19.80 inches, and it weighs 30.86 lbs.
- Sold with a worldwide 1-year warrant
- Energy Star rated for energy-saving and inexpensive operation
- Very easy to set up straight out of the box
- A portable design with caster wheels
- The dehumidifier has the capacity of removing up to 50 pints of moisture per day
- 2 fan speeds to choose from
- It works at a temperature as low as 38 degrees Fahrenheit
- It has a full tank indicator and an auto shut off which will prevent it from overflowing
- Very easy to empty the tank
- You can also connect it to drainage via the drain hose connection and a regular garden hose
- Very quiet operation
- A programmable 24-hour timer
- The humidistat is adjustable in accordance with your preferences and your needs
- The size of the appliance is 24.7 x 11.8 x 15.2 inches and weighs 38.3 lbs.
If you have a person with allergies or an asthmatic at home, you should seriously consider buying the De’Longhi 7- Pint dehumidifier which is certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America as asthma and allergy-friendly.
- Removes 70 pints of moisture from the air per 24 hours
- Suitable for rooms and areas of 700 to 1,000 square feet
- A 6-liter water tank with a visible water level, an integrated alarm, and a shut-off function
- You can empty and drain the collected water in 3 different ways – via the tank, via a 3-foot hose, or with the help of the integrated pump and the 16-foot hose, which can go upward too – both hoses are included in the package
- It Will help your breathing become easier
- Perfect for households where there are people with hay fever, pet or dust allergies, or people with asthma and other respiratory problems
- Easy intelligent electronic climate control via the large LCD display and control panel and the adjustable humidistat
- Energy Star rated
- The first dehumidifiers to be rated as Asthma and Allergy Friendly by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
- 2 fan speed settings
- A 24-hour timer
- Caster wheels and built-in handles for easy portability
- An anti-frost feature
- The device can operate at temperatures as low as 41 degrees Fahrenheit
- The unit is 15.3 x 24.3 x 12.4 inches in size and weighs 46.3 lbs.
- Sold with a 1-year limited warranty
If you need a portable dehumidifier with a vertical drainage option, we strongly recommend this high-quality appliance by EdgeStar.
- A 70-pint moisture removal capacity per day
- Suitable for rooms up to 1,500 square feet
- Energy Star rated
- It has a drain pump which can pump away the water vertically up to 16 feet as well as horizontally
- The integrated humidistat is easy to adjust and will switch the power and fan off for energy-saving and quiet operation when the humidity level is reached
- An automatic defrost function and a frost guard for energy saving and for increasing the longevity of the unit
- A 24-hour timer function
- An auto-restart function for power outages
- A washable polypropylene filter
- Two fan speeds – normal and high
- An easy to set and view LED display and control panel
- Operates in temperatures from 41 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit
- The water tank has an 18-pint capacity
- The unit has a full reservoir indicator light
- Easy drain connect for continuous drainage
- A protective rear grill for added safety
- It has mobile casters so you can move it anywhere you need hassle-free
- The size of the device is 23.75 x 15.25 x 11.13 inches, and it weighs 44 lbs.
- A 1-year warranty for the parts
Do you really need a dehumidifier?
Dehumidifiers are extremely useful appliances if you live in a home with humidity issues, or in a climate with high humidity levels.
The dehumidifier can help remove the excess moisture from the air in your home and allow you to breathe easier, as well as remove the mold, mildew, allergens, and odors from the excessive moisture.
It can also help ease allergic and asthmatic attacks and symptoms.
Plus, by regulating the humidity of the air at home, you will help protect your property, furniture, clothes, photos, books, musical instruments, and all personal belongings from damage as well.
So, how do you know whether or not you have humidity issues?
Here are some of the signs which may mean that you definitely could use a dehumidifier at home or in the office:
- Moisture or wet stains on the ceiling or on the walls
- Stuffy air in the room
- Condensation covered windows, and water running down their insides
- A musty odor in the room or home
- Visible mold
- Excess moisture
- Your basement or cellar doesn’t have air conditioning and heating and feels too humid
- Your laundry room is moist due to the wet clothing
- Your home has suffered water damage from a flood
Why should you use a dehumidifier?
Apart from making your home a more pleasant and healthy place to be without any visible mold and musky odors, a dehumidifier can also help in the following ways:
It prevents mold
Mold grows very rapidly and thrives in warm and humid conditions. It can be potentially harmful to humans, especially those with asthma and allergies, causing throat and eye irritation, hives and skin irritations, coughing, itchy or sore throat, and even asthma attacks.
Mold thrives at humidity levels of 50-65%. With a good quality dehumidifier, you can quickly and easily remove that excess moisture, which is creating a comfortable environment for the mold, and thus stop and prevent its further growth.
If you have a person at home with symptoms of mold allergy, asthma, or if you can feel and smell, then it is time to get a dehumidifier and resolve this nasty and persistent problem.
It improves the quality of the air
Most of the best dehumidifiers from our list act as air purifiers as well. Along with the removal of the excess moisture from the air, they can trap the airborne pollutants in their filters as well.
A good quality dehumidifier can help significantly decrease the airborne particles, allergens, and microorganisms floating in the air of your home, including pet dander, dust, dust mites, germs, pollen, mold spores, and others.
So, in order to ensure that you breathe healthier and fresher air, you should use an air purifier, or trust a premium quality dehumidifier to act as both a moisture removal system and as a purifier to the air in your home or office.
It can help protect your home and belongings
Long exposure the dampness and high humidity can cause structural damage to your home. Also, it can damage your carpeting, furniture, and wood floors or cabinets, beams, and other pieces of furniture.
Too much moisture can cause irreversible damage to musical instruments, tools, electronic devices, your clothes, your photos, documents, and just about all of your belongings.
This is why, if you have excessive moisture at home, investing in a good quality dehumidifier can save you a lot of money in the long run, and can help keep your family treasures safe for generations to come.
It will help remove and kill off dust mites
Dust mites grow and live naturally in just about any home and feed on the dead skin cells from us and our pets.
They are a common cause of dust allergies and for asthma symptoms and attacks.
The dehumidifier can help keep the humidity level inside at optimal levels and can help eliminate the moist environment which dust mites prefer.
The dehumidifier can make you feel much more comfortable
Humidity can cause the temperatures to seem even hotter and more unbearable than they really are in the hot seasons. A dehumidifier will remove the excess moisture and will allow you to feel more comfortable at home without the need of turning on the air conditioning to full power.
This means that your home will be more energy-efficient and you will save money for air conditioning and power as well as feel better in the more comfortable humidity and temperature.
A dehumidifier can be used in just about any room in the house
Whether you have humidity problems in your living room, bathroom, basement, attic, or garage, you can safely and successfully use a dehumidifier in any of these rooms to quickly resolve this issue.
Some of the dehumidifiers can operate at very low temperatures as well, which makes them perfect for all-around use even in basements or other areas without heating.
Most of the dehumidifiers on our list also have defrosted functionality and will keep the appliance protected from freezing even in the coldest days and nights.
Plus, most of these dehumidifiers are portable, so you can take them from room to room and use them as needed easily too.
How to pick the best dehumidifier for your needs
As you probably have noticed, there are many different types of dehumidifiers on the market.
A dehumidifier can be a life-changer for you, but it is essential that you pick the one which will fit your needs the best.
Here are the main features to look for when shopping for a dehumidifier:
The capacity of the dehumidifiers is measured in pints of moisture removed per 24 hours. The most common units come with 30, 50, and 7- pint capacities, but there are more powerful devices that are capable of removing over 200 pints of moisture from the air per day as well as less powerful ones meant for smaller rooms.
In order to determine the capacity for your needs, here are some rules of the thumb to follow:
- For small rooms which are slightly damp, the recommended dehumidifier capacity is 25 to 40 pints.
- For mid-sized rooms or small rooms with excessive moisture levels – the capacity should be 40-59 pints.
- For large rooms, you should choose a unit with a capacity of 60 or more pints per day.
- For crawl spaces, basements and garages, choose a device with 60 or above pint capacity as well.
- For larger areas, for areas with water damage, or for an industrial site, you may need an industrial-grade dehumidifier.
Water removal options
The simplest portable dehumidifiers have water tanks that need to be emptied manually when they fill up with the collected water. But for your convenience, there are also many top-quality dehumidifiers that offer the option of continuous drainage. This can be done with a regular hose or pipe which simply uses gravity to drain the water out of the unit into a drain located at a lower level than the unit.
Other devices have integrated pumps which will allow you to drain the water both horizontally and vertically to drains, sinks, or other spots which are located above the level of the unit.
So, think about the type of drainage you prefer, as well as where you are planning on locating the dehumidifier and whether you will have an option for continuous drainage at all.
As you can see from our brief reviews of the finest dehumidifiers for 2021, the different appliances have different useful features which you should take into consideration.
A built-in humidistat is a must when choosing a good dehumidifier. It is easy to set, and then the machine will set the other settings in accordance with your humidity preferences.
A defrost function is also pretty useful, especially if you are going to use the appliance in colder environments. You can keep the device working even in cold temperatures without worrying about damaging the coils or the machine by the freezing water.
The auto shut-off function will help stop an overflow of the water tank if it is full, and will also help preserve energy if the device can be programmed to switch itself off after the humidity levels set by you are achieved.
Auto-restart is a useful feature that will ensure that the dehumidifier will start operating at its previous settings even after there has been a power outage. This is convenient and is just one less thing you need to worry about when there is a power failure.
More than one fan speed allows for quicker dehumidifying of the air in the room, as well as regulating the noise of the appliance too. So if noise is a concern for you look for units with quieter operation at lower decibels, low fan settings or a sleep timer.
Quick and easy maintenance is essential as well. You should choose a dehumidifier which has an easy and spill-free water tank to empty, as well as one which has a washable or an easy-to-replace filter.
Energy saving is crucial if you want to ensure that you are helping the environment and also that you will be saving money for electricity.
The size and portability of the units is another important feature. Choose the one which is suitable for your space availability, as well as your plans for moving it around.
- 15 Reasons Why You Need a Dehumidifier In Your Home – Allergy & Air
- What Are The Benefits Of A Dehumidifier? (26 Benefits) – Fresh Air Guru
- Home Dehumidifiers for Allergies: Benefits, Cost, and More – WebMD
- 3 Ways Dehumidifiers Help Relieve Allergies and Asthma | Sylvane
Last update on 2022-05-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API