If you are looking for an air purifier that will remove the harmful pollutants and nasty odors from the air without the need to replace and buy new expensive filters, then an ionic air purifier is exactly what you need.
Best Ionic Air Purifier
With the Green Air Pro air purifier, you can rest assured that all of the bad odors from smoke, cooking, pets, fire, or water damage will be removed, and so will the airborne harmful pollutants at home.
This purifier even has a UV lamp system, so you can use it to kill off viruses, germs, bacteria, mold spores and reduce the risk of infections and health problems in your family.
We have chosen the most recommended ionic air purifiers and ozone generators for 2021 for you. Make sure you read their detailed reviews and descriptions before choosing the one which will be the greatest and safest option for your needs.
The perfect ionic air purifier you can buy in 2021 is most definitely the Green Air Pro. It is a powerful and safe ozone generator which has two plates to collect the airborne particles which means that it can clean the allergens and other harmful pollutants from the air twice as better.
The device is highly efficient for removing odors from tobacco smoke, pets, cooking, and others.
It has a pre-filter which captures the hairs and other larger particles from the air and ensures longer life and higher efficiency of the HEPA and PCO filters.
It also has a HEPA filter which will capture even the microscopic allergens sized as small as 0.3 microns from the air. It is washable and reusable, so you won’t need to buy expensive replacements over time.
The PCO (photocatalytic) filter helps further filter the air from impurities and harmful organisms and particles.
The device also has a UV lamp system which you can use to kill off any harmful bacteria, germs,
viruses, mold and other microbes from the air in your home.
The Green Air Pro has a large and easy to see backlit LCD display, with easy to understand and use controls. It also has a remote control so you can adjust the settings without getting up.
You can set the timer for the ozone generator for 30 minutes and up to 3 hours, and leave your home and let the air purifier do its work. The machine generates 360mg per hour per plate of ozone. The ozone is highly efficient for the complete removal of cigarette and other tobacco smoke, pet odors or other strong smells from your home.
The Purifier mode which generates ozone will automatically turn off when the time set is over, and it will take about 30-45 minutes for the ozone to revert back to oxygen, when it is safe for you and your pets to return home, to a completely fresh, odor-free, deodorized and safe environment.
The size of this excellent quality ionic air purifier is 12.5 (H) x 12 (L) x 9 (W) inches, so it is pretty compact, but it is a powerful appliance which will get the job of cleaning the air in your home done efficiently every time.
Overall, the Green Air Pro is a highly versatile ionic air purifier, as it works as a HEPA air purifier, an ozone generator, a UV lamp, and an odor remover and deodorizer all in one.
It is definitely the top option in this category for 2021.
It is a very powerful 6,000 mg/hour ozone generator, which makes ozone by utilizing oxygen and electricity.
It needs only 6 minutes to clean the air in a room of 300 square feet, 9 minutes for a 500 square foot area, and 18 minutes for an area of up to 1,000 square feet.
The unit has a timer which can be set for up to 120 minutes, so you can set it to sterilize the area, leave the premises, and then come back to a clean, fresh and safe environment.
The ozone produced helps eliminate the harmful microorganisms in the air and in the home, such as dust mites and mold spores, and also kills off germs, viruses, microbes, removes all bad odors, and removes all air pollutants for an allergen-free and healthy environment.
The ionic air purifier by Alpine Air doesn’t require a replacement of filters, which means you will be saving tons of money for future replacements if you invest in this device.
It has a permanent metal mesh pre-filter, which will capture the larger airborne pollutants.
All the maintenance it requires is to remove and rinse out the ceramic plate and dry it every 3 months.
The plate will need to be replaced after 6,000 hours of work.
The Alpine Air ionizer has a Quick Access Holder slot, which makes the cleaning and replacement of the ozone plate very easy and without needing to disassemble the entire unit.
This commercial grade ozone generator can be used anywhere in your home, garage, vehicle, and other space.
It is powerful and yet compact, so you can easily move it around and store it when not in use. It has a foldable carry handle for even easier portability. Its size is 11 x 9.7 x 8.5 inches, and it weighs 6.35 lbs.
It has a powerful ionization lamp which can help purify the air in large areas such as commercial spaces and offices.
It is sold with a 1-year quick replacement warranty, so you can rest assured that your money will be well spent and that you will receive a quick replacement is something is wrong with your ionic air purifier.
Top budget-friendly option
If you want an efficient ionic air purifier but are not ready to spend hundreds of dollars on one, you can buy the budget-friendly ionic air purifier for 2021 – the Plixio Portable Plug-in Ionic air purifier.
In fact, you can buy not one but two of these small-sized ionic air purifiers for a price of under $50.
It has a convenient, portable design with a plug which can fit in just about any power outlet anywhere. It weighs 1.1 lbs. only and you can literally carry it around with you anywhere you travel or go.
It is suitable for rooms, closets or areas with low air circulation which are up to 150 square feet.
The device can easily eliminate pet, cooking, laundry or other odors, and also remove airborne bacteria.
The small-sized ionic air purifier can easily be adjusted via the dial on the front, so you can choose between ozone outputs of 10 mg up to 50 mg per hour.
The device doesn’t produce a chemical smell and doesn’t require any expensive filter replacements in order to clean the air in the room. It also operates quietly and works at only 7 watts, so it will save energy, especially as compared to the larger full-sized ionic air purifiers.
It is highly efficient in removing kitchen, pet and smoke smells, as well as for the removal of allergies and pollutants rather than simply masking them.
The two-pack of this ionic air purifier is an excellent deal, and you can by the devices for under $50 and have two of these useful devices to use in different rooms, or in different buildings and areas.
This is definitely one of the top deals we could find when it comes to ionic air purifiers being offered on the market at the moment.
The rest of the best
- A highly adjustable ionic air purifier which can clean the air in spaces of up to 3,500 square feet
- It can produce up to 360 mg/h of ozone
- Perfect for continuous 24/7 dust control
- The produced ozone through activated oxygen can successfully remove odors from cigarette smoke, pets, paint, mold, cooking, and others
- An attractive classic design with a cherry wood housing and a stainless steel cabinet
- Easy to understand and set dials on the front of the device
- It has multiple fan speeds to choose from
- Creates an excellent and invigorating natural smell in any home, office or other premises
- Its dimensions are 12.5 x 11 x 15 inches, and it weighs 12 lbs.
- There are no filters to replace, just take out and clean the ceramic plate once a month
- It purifies the air, killing germs and removing allergens completely silently
- Its Oxygen Plus technology can turn smog or ozone into pure and healthy oxygen
- It can remove and sanitize up to 99.9% of the airborne allergens, pollutants, and irritants from the air
- The device will help kill viruses, bacteria, germs, and microorganisms in your air and home thanks to its germicidal chamber
- It is suitable for use in rooms and areas up to 500 square feet
- It can clean the air completely 1-3 times per hour, deepening on the size of the room it used in
- The filter is washable and reusable
- A tower design with a small footprint, suitable for tight spaces
- It uses less electricity than a small fluorescent light bulb
- It is easy to set and adjust
- The fan speed is adjustable
- It has a 24 hour time
- The size of the device is 7.5 x 28.5 x 9.5 inches, and it weighs 7.8 lbs.
- This is the original and top-selling ozone generator which has been used for mold removal, fire restoration, and commercial cleaning for over 10 years, with over 10,000 units sold
- Thanks to the added ceramic ozone plates, the unit can work for longer hours as an ozone generator which eliminates the need for further re-treatment
- The fan is 40% larger than that of other models and thus covers larger areas with ozone for less time
- It has a washable stainless steel filter which eliminates replacement costs and will last forever
- An easy to set 180-minute timer
- Made of durable industrial aluminum alloy with a powder coating
- It has an ergonomic and folding carry handle for easy portability and storage
- The device has an output of 11,000 mg/h of ozone
- It is 6.8 x 8 x 5.8 inches in size and weighs 5 lbs.
- It has an active carbon pre-filter to trap larger particles and also capture any nasty odors.
- The purifier has a True HEPA filter, which can capture up to 99.97% of all airborne pollutants and allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
- The unit also has a UV-C light as well as a photocatalyst filter to kill off germs, viruses, and harmful microorganisms.
- It does work as an efficient ionizer as well, which will remove even the most persistent smells and microbes from the air.
- It has a smart air quality sensor that will monitor the quality of the air in real-time, keep you informed and adjust the settings of the device accordingly.
- You can also manually adjust the fan to one of the 3 available speed settings.
- The device has filter replacement indicators that will inform you when it is time to replace the pre-filter or the True HEPA filter.
- An easy to use and intuitive control panel
- The noise level is up to 60.2 dB at the highest fan speed setting.
- Sold with a 5-year warranty and reliable customer support 7 days a week
- It is 11.2 x 9.8 x 27 inches in size and weighs 9.5 lbs.
- OdorFree has been in the industry for more than 2 decades
- Suitable for removing cigarette smoke, animal smells, chemical, cooking, fire or water damage or pain odors
- The device takes Oxygen and converts it to Ozone which fills the entire area, and breaks apart odor molecules and also kills off harmful microorganisms such as germs, viruses, bacteria, mold spores, dust mites, and others
- It has a convenient 1 to 12 hour timer, which you can set and leave the premises until the ozone is converted back to oxygen (it is recommended to wait for at least 2 hours)
- It has 2 ceramic plates to collect the airborne pollutants and particles
- The unit can cover areas of up to 3,000 square feet
- It can generate from 150 to 1,800 mg/h of ozone, and you can adjust the output as preferred, and depending on the size of the area treated, and on the strength of the odor you want to be eliminated
- Sold with a five-year warranty
- It is 14.5 x 11.1 x 10.9 inches in size and weighs 9.75 lbs.
- The device is also available in versions suitable for smaller as well as for larger areas of up to 4,000 square feet
As you can see, the list contains ionizers of different sizes and types. Some are more suitable for larger spaces while others can be used in the smallest rooms. Some have features like ozone generating which is perfect for eliminating persistent odors and sterilizing the premises, but needs to be used with care, and in accordance with the recommendations of the manufacturer.
Hopefully, you have found the most appropriate ionic air purifier for your particular needs, and pretty soon you will be enjoying the benefits of your new appliance.
Good luck with your purchase, and get ready to breathe some of the cleanest and freshest air you have ever come upon once you start using your ionic air purifier at home.
- Health Effects of Ionizers | Livestrong.com
- Are Ozone Generators Safe to Use? The Complete Safety Guide
- Ozone Generator: 6 Steps (with Pictures) – Instructables
Last update on 2021-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API