Being tall can be a boon in most situations, but it could be problematic for them to buy furniture. This can be true, especially when they go shopping for recliners. Most recliners are designed for average-sized men, and if a tall person were to sit on a recliner like that, they would be very uncomfortable indeed. Instead of reclining comfortably, they may find themselves scrunched up on a recliner not designed for them and eventually hurting their backs, necks, or legs. And it doesn’t end there; they experience more discomfort while getting up as well.
For a person like that, the recliner’s seat needs to be high and the back even taller to accommodate their long legs. Thankfully, manufacturers have finally taken note of the discomforts suffered by big and tall men and are designing products that do not make them feel trapped between the armrests or cause discomfort. We have compiled a list of recliners that fit this particular body type.
Best Tall Man Recliners
This budget-friendly single reclining chair is perfectly suited for tall persons and doesn’t take up too much space in the house. The best part about it is that it does not take very long to set it up; according to the manufacturers, it takes just under 2 minutes! With its sleek and modern looks, it is not limited to be used just inside the house (in the club or office as well); you can use it outdoors as well since it offers excellent sunlight resistance.
- Setting up takes less than 2 minutes; no tools required.
- Reclining back and dual-function foot extension
- Made from solid hardwood for extra durability, it can support up to 300 pounds.
- It has a high back and armrests for the ultimate comfort
- Very attractive pricing
- Waterproof material makes it easy to clean.
- Can accommodate a large person easily.
- Looks good in any type of setting
- Some customers have complained of receiving a faulty product.
- Some customers have said that the chair is not comfortable at all.
This recliner chair is made of skin-friendly PU leather, offers great back support, and won’t take up too much space in the house. The footrest has a durable steel frame and has thick padding for more comfort. The feet of the recliner is made up of soft plastic, so you don’t have to worry about dragging it across the room if you have wooden flooring. Though it required assembly, the manufacturers assure you that it is easy and would refund your money or replace the product if you are not happy with the product.
- Has curved armrests for extra comfort
- High-quality PU leather that is skin-friendly
- Very easy to assemble
- It does not take up a lot of space because of its compact design
- Great value for money
- Solid construction can accommodate large persons easily.
- Sturdy reclining mechanism
- The manufacturer will replace the product if you are not happy with the product within a month.
- The chair is not made of the strongest construction.
- The recliner can be a bit small.
The Space Saver:
This wall-hugging electric chair is available at a great price and is available in 5 colors, namely brown, black, burgundy red, cream and brown renu leather. It features two power buttons for automated operation and to recline the chair in any desired position. The material is soft and looks just like leather, and is breathable. The wall-hugging design means this recliner is not going to take a lot of space in your living room or den. If you or a loved one has mobility issues, this is the go-to chair for that.
- Perfectly cushioned in the seat, back, and legs
- According to the manufacturer, it takes no more than 10 minutes to assemble it
- Great looks without the price tag of a full leather chair
- Just needs 4 inches of wall clearance to recline
- Easy to clean using a damp cloth
- A very quiet lift mechanism
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Side pocket for a wired controller
- Customers have said that the chair has a tipping risk
- Since this chair is completely electric, it may get stuck if the power goes out
With just the touch of two buttons, you can push the entire chair up to reduce the stress on the knees and back. This feature is very useful if an elderly person is using it. You can also position it the way you prefer without the fear of falling, thanks to the anti-back-tipping design and the strong underseat structure. The chair also has cup holders on either side and USB charging ports on the right (within easy reach) to charge your smartphones or tablets.
- Comes equipped with a remote control
- 2 USB charging ports and 2 cup holders
- Has been tested for safety and durability
- Lower noise level compared with other products in the category
- Doesn’t require any effort to adjust
- Doesn’t emit any smell
- Excellent build quality
- Great quality for the price
- The chair can be unstable at times and wobble
- Other customers feel that the chair’s size is inadequate
This beautiful recliner is made from the finest leather (called leather 7000) which the manufacturer claims to have picked from the top 30% for its texture. The material inside is a cooling memory gel that takes on the body’s contour. The recliner has cup holders on either side which are lighted for better visibility. It also features a tray table to place your favorite beverage or snack while you enjoy a movie. The tray table can be shoved in the in-arm storage when not in use. This recliner is a fantastic accessory if you use your home theater regularly.
- Made using the finest leather available on the market
- The headrests are overstuffed and adjustable
- Recline easily with the push of a button
- Dual lighted cup holders, foldable tray table
- Charge your smartphone or tablet with the in-built USB port
- Customers are very happy with the customer service
- The recliner has a sturdy construction
- Extremely comfortable and silent, does not make a noise
- Doesn’t take a long time to assemble the recliner
- Some customers have complained that their recliner was ripped when they received it
- The headrest leather starts peeling off after some use
Give your living room the look of that worn furniture at a very low cost with the Larkinhurtst traditional earth rocker recliner. Feel the quality and comfort with the classic rolled armrests and the classic design made by Ashley Furniture who are one of the oldest and respected firms in America since the mid-1940s. You can pair this with the rest of the furniture in your house and it won’t look out of place with its subdued tones.
- 22-inch distance between arms
- Seat cushions and back are attached
- Fabric made of mixed material
- Can be reclined to infinite positions
- Reversible cushions for longer life
- Material is spill and stain proof, so very easy to clean
- Inside foam cores can be easily removed/replaced
- Customers have raved about how comfortable this recliner is
- Some customers have said that the recliner is very uncomfortable and becomes lumpy
- Other customers have complained of a bad smell emitting from the recliner
Buying for a Tall Man? Things to Consider
We already know that it is not an easy task selecting a recliner for a tall man, because if it is not suitable for a tall body, it will cause a lot of discomforts. Here are a few things to help you choose the right one before you buy it.
Size (Chair and Room)
Needless to say, recliners come in as many sizes and shapes as a regular chair, with some being big enough to accommodate a couple. While choosing a recliner for a tall person, you should be mindful that it should not have a low back. The size of the chair should be so that a tall person’s feet should be resting comfortably on the floor or a comfortable footrest. And by doing so, you determine if the depth of the seat is correct for the said person. The thighs should be well proportioned and not hanging off the edge of the seat. The head should also rest comfortably on the backrest. The width of the seat is important too; if the person has narrow hips and the seat is too wide, it may cause discomfort. On the other hand, if the person also has wide hips, a narrow seat could be a tight fit. So, just buying the biggest recliner on the market won’t help.
Another thing to consider is the size of the room the recliner is going to be in. The recliner may be a perfect size for the intended person, but it could be too big for the room. So the room must be measured before the recliner is bought.
Is there too much gap between the seat and the footrest (or other moving parts)? If there is, it could be a safety concern for the user and others. In most cases, there is hardly any gap because it is covered by the seating material. But make sure the gap is not enough for small children or pets to get in. In some cases, clothes may get snagged into gaps and create unpleasant situations.
There are several ways to check for this, first and foremost is the reliability of the manufacturer. One simple way to look for this is to check reviews from more than one source. What is the material being used in the construction of the recliner? Have there any reports of the frames coming apart or sagging? Or wobbly parts? Is the chair sturdy enough to not suddenly tip over? Another thing to check is whether it is comfortable sitting on the recliner for extended periods?
We have said this before, but the longer the warranty, the better it is. It simply shows that the manufacturer is committed to their craft and is only producing something that is going to last a while. You should be mindful of what factors may nullify the warranty.
- Reclining Angles: Some chairs go all the way down to form a bed, some of them are limited to 2-3 positions, while some can be reclined at any angle one desires.
- Mobility: Some recliners offer rocking, swiveling or gliding motions in addition to reclining angles for relaxation purposes. Some also offer power lifting or tilting as additional features.
- USB Charging, Cup Holders: To charge smartphones or tablets while enjoying a beverage.
- Motors: Some models have separate motors for different functions, such as operating the backrest and footrest separately.
You are now better informed about buying a recliner for a tall person. Since the person would be spending a lot of time sitting on it, they must be aware of all or most of the features. But one should also remember that one single recliner may not offer all the features they are looking for. On the other hand, the one offering the features may not be available for the desired frame. So, a little compromise may be required.
See also: Top Rated Console Gaming Chairs
Last update on 2022-05-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API