Even though Professor Amos first introduced his soapless cleaning and drain cleaning products on HSN years ago, they are still among the most popular ones on the market.
Here is an overview of everything you need to know about the best Professor Amos Drain Cleaning products in 2022.
The Superfast Drain Cleaner is the most famous and best-selling drain cleaning product from the Professor Amos product line for drain cleaning and maintenance. In fact, there have been more than 2 million bottles of the highly efficient dissolver of clogs and drain cleaner sold.
The commercial strength drain cleaner is easy to use and will save you the hassle and effort of having to use a plunger, drain snake, or other tools to manually remove clogs from your drain. It will also save you the money of having to hire a professional plumber to resolve an issue with a clogged or slow-running drain in your home.
The Superfast Drain Cleaner includes Professor Amos’ proprietary accelerated formula, which will allow you to resolve a clogged drain problem in as little as 15 minutes.
The 32-oz bottle is sufficient for about 4 to 6 applications, and it is easy to use. All you need to do is pour it slowly into the clogged drain, let it do its thing and dissolve the gunk, hair, soap, and other organic matter into a liquid slime, and then flush it away down the pipes with hot water.
The cleaner is highly efficient in liquefying hardened scum and grease, which attract other debris and cause slow drains or complete clogs.
It is especially useful for homes with dogs or other pets which you bathe often and which often have problems with clogged drains due to pet hair and other debris. If you have long hair or have kids, roommates, or other members of the household who have long hair, then the Professor Amos Drain Cleaner is a must for your home too.
It can be used for unclogging and for cleaning all types of drains and is safe for PVC and metal types, septic tanks, and sewage systems.
The Drain Cleaner is a suitable choice for regular maintenance of your drains to prevent clogging altogether as well.
The Fast MM Powder from the Professor Amos drain cleaner line of products is based on natural microbes instead of harsh caustic chemicals for dissolving organic matter in septic systems and sewage systems.
The natural microbes eat away all of the organic matter, thus reducing the smell and helping prevent overflowing or blockages. It helps reduce and prevent the slimy build-up on the pipes, which can cause slow drains and clogs too.
The powder can be used in garbage disposals, washing machines, and dishwashers, as well as in toilets and in the septic system.
Although this powder is designed to be used for monthly preventive maintenance, it can be used for resolving existing clogging issues as well.
The Professor Amos Fast PM is another top-rated product from the drain cleaning line. It is designed to prevent clogging and keep the kitchen or bathroom drains clean at all times.
The Preventive Drain Maintenance Powder can be used safely for cleaning drains and preventing clogging in all drains, in toilets, as well as in dishwashers, washing machines, and garbage disposals.
All you need to do is mix a tablespoon of the powder in hot water and pour it into the drain once a month, wait for 5 minutes, and then flush it with hot water, and you can say goodbye to smelly drains and unpleasant clogs.
The powder is formulated to successfully dissolve grease from cooking, shampoo and soap scum, hair, food, and other organic materials, which cause clogs or slow drains.
The concentrated drain cleaning Fast PM powder has a fresh scent and doesn’t contain bleach or cause the release of harmful and smelly fumes.
It is also available in 24-oz containers and comes in a 12-oz container with a Fresh Ocean Scent as well.
Ways to Prevent Drain Clogging and to Keep your Drains and Pipes Clean
Instead of waiting for a clogged drain to surprise you, you can take some precautions to avoid such clogging or slow drains at all.
Here are some tips provided by professional plumbers for keeping the drains clean:
- Lift the pop-up stopper from the bathroom sink drain and clean the debris stuck to it but do not flush them down the drain. Rather throw them away in the trash – do this once a week.
- Remove the cover of your shower or bathtub drain, and use a hair-catching brush or wire to clean out any pet or human hair, scum, and other debris – do this once a week, especially if you have pets or people with long hair in your home.
- Make sure that you clean the garbage disposal using a disposal brush, or use the disposal to grind several cups of ice with added salt, which will help remove the slime and grease from the sides. Flush it all away with water and use lime or lemon to remove any foul scent – this should be done at least once a month, and more often if you cook and use the disposal a lot.
- Remove the overflow plate in your bathtub, and lift the pop-up assembly in order to clean any debris stuck on it. Throw away the debris and rinse it well before putting it back in
- Use a microbial or enzyme-based drain cleaner like the Professor Amos Fast MM at least once a month to maintain the drains, pipes and septic tank, and sewage system.
- Use mesh screens on top of your drains to prevent them from getting clogged
Last update on 2022-09-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API