If you want to stop worrying about you or your children getting locked out because of misplaced physical keys, you should consider installing a smart door lock like our favorite Samsung SHS-P718-LMK instead of the traditional lock on your door.
There are various smart door locks available on the market, some offering more than 3 types of keyless access, and others that send you notifications when the lock is opened or when it is being tampered with.
We have thoroughly reviewed a large number of these keyless locking solutions for you and have picked the favorite smart door locks for 2022 for you.
Read on to find out more about these smart and safe locking systems.
Our absolute favorite smart door lock for 2022 is this sleek and modern biometric digital door lock by Samsung. It features a very comfortable to use push and pull design and provides various locking and unlocking options to suit just about any preference and need.
Despite its elegant and stylish look, the SHS-P718–LMK has a very robust structure which is safe from unauthorized tampering.
You can program the smart lock to open and lock via a fingerprint scan for quick and easy access without the need of using a key, card, password, or code.
Depending on your preferences, you can also enter up to 31 access codes, RF ID tags, and up to 100 different fingerprints, which will allow access to your premises.
You can program the lock to require double authentication such as a fingerprint and a pin or RFID for added security.
The smart locking system will lock automatically as soon as you close the door for your convenience, and has an IR motion sensor that will wake it up as soon as motion is detected and you approach it.
The smart door lock by Samsung is compatible with some NFC-enabled devices, and it is powered by batteries as well as via an emergency power contact.
It is a safe locking system suitable for private residences and business premises, as well as for indoor and outdoor use. The mortise is electronic and is very robust and durable. It has a latch for added security.
The Samsung smart door lock has been rigorously tested for all kinds of tampering, bumping, fire and picking. It has an intrusion alarm that will be set off and the lock will stop operating for 3 minutes after 5 unsuccessful access attempts are made or when tampering is detected, it also has a fire detection sensor and will lock out any tampering attempts.
It works with 8 AA alkaline batteries. The battery life is about 12 months with 10 uses per day. The lock will warn you with a sound alert when the battery is low, but even if you happen to run out of battery you can easily power the lock via a 9V battery from outside.
The locking system is suitable for most doors with a thickness of 40-80mm. It is made of durable and sturdy Aluminum, Zinc and ABS. It is dust and water-resistant and can work seamlessly in temperatures from -10 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
Overall, this smart door lock is everything you need to make sure that your home or office is safe from unauthorized access and that you and your family members or other authorized people can easily get in without the need for a special key, card, or other.
The Lockly smart lock allows for keyless entry via several authentication methods. One is with a finger tap on your smartphone, or with a 6-8 digit code entered on the touchscreen control pad of the lock. The smart door lock also comes with two physical keys just in case you happen to get locked out and for emergencies as well.
The peak proof feature of this lock will automatically reshuffle any codes entered and the numbers on the display so that nobody can spy on and possibly copy your code when you enter it.
Also, the touchscreen will automatically stop working after 3 wrong access code entries. You can also ensure that your home or other premise is safely locked with a single touch of the display when you close the door.
The 3D fingerprint sensor will not accept any copied fingerprints and you can enter up to 99 different fingerprints of people with authorized access, while still being in control of who goes in and out of your home via the useful mobile app. The mobile app will allow you to monitor who and when has accessed your home as well.
Once you get home, you can turn off the touchscreen control panel so that nobody else can access it from the outdoors.
The unit is powered by 4 AA alkaline batteries which can last for more than a year of use. In case the battery runs out or something else happens with the Lockly smart lock, you can easily open it with a 9V battery from the outside panel.
This smart door lock is very easy to install and works with just about any kind of door with a thickness of 1 3/8 – 2 inches.
The lock itself is made of heavy-duty stainless steel, zinc allow, and high-impact plastic. It has a scratch-resistant coating for added durability. The lock will work in temperatures from -4 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
The smart door lock allows for easy Bluetooth connectivity so that you can use the mobile app to open your door and program the access options. It works with both android and iOS devices.
Best budget option
This keyless digital smart door lock is suitable for homes and for offices. It has four different entry modes to choose from including a remote control, a key fob, a PIN code and a physical key.
You can easily program different access codes for up to 56 people, and control the access to the premises at all times. You can set up one-time access codes, which is perfect for tenants, Airbnb guests, and other temporary visitors.
The budget-friendly smart door lock can be installed on any door which is 1.38 – 2.36 inches thick. All you need to do is to drill a hole in order to secure the lock in the door. The lock comes with a standard 60mm latch, a remote control, 2 key fobs, and 2 metal physical keys.
It is extremely easy to set up and program and is about as safe as some of the more expensive smart locking systems on our list. It will stop working for 1 minute after 3 unsuccessful access attempts are made. You can also add as many random codes after entering the real one, in order to prevent any peeking and copying by potential intruders.
The lock works with 4 AA batteries.
Overall, this affordable smart door lock will allow you to put an end to keyed access and to keep your home safe at all times at an excellent price.
The rest of our top picks for the best smart door locks for 2022
Lockly PGD628 Bluetooth Keyless Entry Door, Smart Lock with an Advanced Electronic Touchscreen System
- The lock provides several different access options
- You can unlock or lock it with the touch of a finger
- It is Bluetooth enabled so you can control, open, and set it via your mobile device
- You can enter via 2 physical keys, with a fingerprint, or by entering a 6 to 8 digit access code
- Every time you enter your access code, the lock will automatically reshuffle them on the display, so that potential intruders cannot copy your finger movements and your code
- You can designate a separate key for all family members, guests, nanny’s, and others, and you can track the access history
- Monitoring and controlling the access options and history can be done by both iOS and Android devices
- You can get notifications when your guests or other people access the lock
- The latch has an adjustable backset that will fit just about any standard door, the lock will fit all doors up to 2 inches thick
- The lock can be installed easily with just a screwdriver, or if you have a new door – a drill
- The access codes can be programmed via smartphone or directly on the lock itself
- You can disable the keypad from the inside when you come home for added safety and peace of mind
- It works with 4 AA alkaline batteries which are included with the lock
- You can unlock and lock it via up to 19 access codes or with a physical backup key
- No wiring is required, and the lock can easily be installed in a few minutes
- It works for doors that are 1 5/8 to 2 inches thick, but there is an optional thick door kit available for this lock too
- It will fit all standard latches and deadbolt backsets
- The silicone coating on the keypad will keep the digits visible even after years of pressing and use
- The lock is available in various color options and is made of sturdy top quality metal
- The keypad is backlit for easy viewing in low light conditions
- It is pre-programmed with 2 unique access codes
- There is a low battery status indicator
- It is vandal-resistant
- Offered at a very affordable price
- It works with doors from 1 3/8 – 1 ¾ inches thick
- The lock has a universal deadbolt which will fit a 2 ¾ or 2 3/8 inch backset
- It will fit on standard pre-drilled doors
- It is compatible with Z-Wave for easy access via remote control
- The deadbolt is activated automatically by pressing the Schlage button and can be retracted by entering a valid access code
- The lock allows for entering up to 30 unique access codes and has two preset 4 digit codes and a 6 digit programming one
- There is a physical backup key for emergency backup
- A built-in alarm will alert you of intrusion attempts
- The lock is backed by a limited lifetime warranty and its electronics have a 3-year warranty
- Very easy installation with no wiring or special tools needed
- It works with 4 AA alkaline batteries
- Operates in temperatures from -35 to 66 degrees Celsius
- The Z-wave works with Alexa, SmartThings, Iris, Wink, and Nexia
- Very easy to install even by newbies
- The locks will fit doors that are 1 3/8 – 1 ¾ inches thick
- The locking and access options include up to 95 4-8 digit codes, up to 95 fingerprints, and 3 backup physical keys per lock
- You can program the locks to open via fingerprint, code, or key
- The keyless access via a fingerprint is quick and easy and will take less than a second
- The fingerprint sensor is waterproof, dust resistant, and durable
- It is easy to use by all – including elderly people and young children
- Works with 3AA batteries, which will last for up to 8,000 code entries
- The LCD display will show a low battery status when it comes time to replace them
- The touchscreen wakes up when approached
- You can add an anti-peep password via the numeric touchscreen
- Made of sturdy Zinc Alloy
- IP65 waterproof and dustproof rated
- Suitable for both outdoor and indoor installation
- The locks can operate from -35 up to 158 degrees Fahrenheit
- The lock will automatically relock itself 4 minutes after you access it
- The two locks have different, unique access and spare mechanical keys
- The handles are reversible
- The bundle is available at an excellent price for two smart door locks
- The deadbolt is motorized and can accommodate even misaligned doors for secure locking
- You can use the lock to lock the door with just one touch of any button on the keypad
- The keypad is backlit and the digits will not wear off of the acrylic buttons even after years of use
- The lock comes with two physical keys for backup
- The rubber gasket will protect the lock from harsh weather conditions
- Works with Samsung SmartThings, Amazon Alexa, Wink, and others
- I will alert you in case the batteries are low, or there has been wrong code or tampering attempts
- Thanks to the ZigBee technology, you can add the lock to the IoT in your smart home
- You can view the access history, change and set access codes, unlock or lock your door and receive alerts and notifications remotely wherever you are
- It works with 4 AA batteries included in the package
- The handle can be reversed either to the left or to the right
- It will fit doors which are 40-80mm thick
- A sleek and modern design suitable for any door, home, or business property
- Easy to use thanks to the touchscreen numeric keypad
- You can lock and lock it via a password pin and an RFID
- You can enter up to 20 RFID
- It will lock the door automatically after you access it or when you close it
- The lock is compatible with some NFC items
- The handle levers can be flipped either to the left or the right
- A sturdy and durable cylindrical deadbolt and electronic mortise for quick locking and unlocking
- The Zinc, Aluminum and ABS construction is rigorous and has been tested for all kinds of tampering and intrusion attempts, fire, severe weather conditions, and others
- Thanks to the randomizer, potential intruders won’t be able to infer your access code based on the fingerprints on the touchscreen
- The Away mode is activated with the touch of a button and will keep the door safely locked when you go traveling or are away from home for a long time – if the door is being accessed from inside an alarm will be set off
- An audible alarm will sound and the lock will stop working for 3 minutes if 5 consecutive unsuccessful access attempts are made
- An alarm will sound if the door is opened forcefully or if a fire is detected
- The lock works with 8AA alkaline batteries which can last for up to a year of daily use, and you will receive a low battery warning when the time for replacement comes
With a smart door lock, you will no longer need to worry about having to call an emergency locksmith in the middle of the night, or about rushing back home from work because your child lost its key.
We have picked the best smart locks for 2022 for you, and we have chosen locks which are suitable for any budget and for any need.
Some of these locks will connect to your mobile device and will allow you to control and monitor all activities and any kind of access.
Others are simpler, and yet do not require physical keys for entering.
You can choose a smart door lock that will open and close with the touch of a finger, or when you enter an approved access code, use a token or another keyless method.
Most of the locks we have chosen for you have additional safety features which will ensure that you rest assured even when you are far away from home. They are also perfect if you have house guests, maintenance, nannies, or other people accessing your premises, for whom you can set one-time access codes.
Hopefully, we have helped you choose the most appropriate smart door lock for your needs, and pretty soon you will be able to benefit from the convenience of not having to carry around keys in order to get into your home with any one of our top picks for 2022.
Last update on 2022-11-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API